Why Rubiks?

Until my current deployment to Afghanistan, I'd only ever tried to get one side of the cube, as quickly as I could, and only once did I get even two sides at the same time. I had a breakthrough to the next step while I was out here, and there was someone willing to show me the remaining steps to solve the 3x3x3 cube. Once I got the hang of that one, I moved up to a 5x5x5, and learned a couple of new tricks for the larger cubes. I taught myself the 7x7x7, and then started making designs to give a bit of a challenge. Here, for those who wish to take the time to view, are the results. Enjoy! :)

Monday, June 4, 2012

#1

I'd call this one "The Original" but I already used that for the first design I made with a 7x7x7 cube.  So I'll call this one "#1".  It's the first design I made on any cube, long before I ever was able to solve a 7x7x7 cube at all, much less make designs in one.  I thought I'd already posted pictures of this solve, but I guess I hadn't, so here you go.  I've tried some other designs on the small cube since, but it's only served to show me just how little flexibility there is in this cube.




No comments:

Post a Comment