Why Rubiks?

Until my current deployment to Afghanistan, I'd only ever tried to get one side of the cube, as quickly as I could, and only once did I get even two sides at the same time. I had a breakthrough to the next step while I was out here, and there was someone willing to show me the remaining steps to solve the 3x3x3 cube. Once I got the hang of that one, I moved up to a 5x5x5, and learned a couple of new tricks for the larger cubes. I taught myself the 7x7x7, and then started making designs to give a bit of a challenge. Here, for those who wish to take the time to view, are the results. Enjoy! :)

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

3x3x3 Rubik's Void Cube

This is my newest puzzle cube.  Just from looking at it, though it claims to be "a 'hole' new challenge," I think it's actually going to have a lot in common with the 4x4x4 cubes.  I think the primary difference between this puzzle and a regular 3x3x3 is this one doesn't have any set centers (as evidenced by the holes there, of course).  That's the same issue with any cube that has an even number of rows and columns (4x4x4 or 6x6x6).  The main thing you need to ensure when solving one of those cubes is that, when forming your base, you ensure that the four sides that are adjacent to that base are in the correct order.  Time will tell if that's the case, or not, with this cube.



No comments:

Post a Comment